Prism Launcher is designed to allow users to manage multiple installations of Minecraft at once easily, and provide the power tools an advanced user would need.
To set up a Quilt instance, simply follow these steps:
- Download and install Prism Launcher from their website
- Open Prism Launcher, follow the setup steps and click on the Add Instance button at the top of the window
- Fill out the Name box as required (you may also fill the Group box optionally)
- Select Vanilla from the list on the left, and pick the version of Minecraft you'd like to use for your instance
- Under the Mod Loader, select Quilt and then pick the Quilt Loader version you'd like to use
- Click OK to create a new Quilt instance
- Set up the rest of your instance as normal
That's all there is to it! Once you've followed these steps, your instance should be ready to go -- just add your mods and get playing.
To install mods to your Prism Launcher instance, simply follow these steps:
- Right-click on the instance you'd like to install mods to and select Edit..., or click on it once and select Edit from the menu on the right of the window
- Select Mods from the list on the left, and click on the Download mods button in the menu on the right side of the window
- Use the new window to search for and install the mods you'd like to use
- Make sure to install the Quilted Fabric API/Quilt Standard Libraries bundle, which you can find on CurseForge or on Modrinth
If you can't find the mod you'd like to install using the built-in search, you can simply drag-and-drop any mod files you've downloaded into the mod list, and Prism Launcher will ensure it's installed properly.
Start up your game, and the mods should be available immediately. If you run into any issues, please take a look at the troubleshooting page, or join us on Discord to ask for support!