MultiMC is a launcher with advanced features to allow power users to manage separate instances of Minecraft. To set up a Quilt instance with MultiMC, follow these steps:
- Download and install MultiMC from their website
- Open MultiMC, follow the setup steps and click on the Add Instance button at the top of the window
- Fill out the Name and Group boxes as required
- Select Vanilla from the list on the left, and pick the version of Minecraft you'd like to use for your instance
- Click OK to create a new vanilla instance
- Right-click on the instance and select Edit Instance, or click on it once and select Edit Instance from the menu on the right of the window
- Select Version from the list on the left, and click the Install Quilt button in the menu on the right side of the window
- Select the Quilt Loader version you'd like to use and click OK
- Set up the rest of your instance as normal
That's all there is to it! Once you've followed these steps, your instance should be ready to go -- just add your mods and get playing.
To install mods to your MultiMC instance, simply follow these steps:
- Right-click on the instance you'd like to install mods to and select Edit Instance, or click on it once and select Edit Instance from the menu on the right of the window
- Select Mods from the list on the left, and drag-and-drop the mod files you've downloaded into the mod list
- Ensure you have the Quilted Fabric API/Quilt Standard Libraries bundle installed, which you can find on CurseForge or on Modrinth
Start up your game, and the mods should be available immediately. If you run into any issues, please take a look at the troubleshooting page, or join us on Discord to ask for support!